September 8, 2008

Just a little something

Okay, apparently I've been overwhelmed with life lately judging from the last time I posted anything. Does it count that I was thinking of writing something?

If you are Catholic and married to a non-Catholic, check out Kate's latest in her series on mixed marriages.

I've also been thinking a lot about prayer and what that means to me. My parents taught us the standard prayers but weren't much for informal, personal praying. My husband, on the other hand, grew up Baptist and was only familiar with informal prayer (beyond the Lord's Prayer). Sure, I pray my personal prayers - but usually silently. I am trying to be more vocal in the hopes that I can grow and so that my daughter grows up doing both.

That being said, my plan is to occasionally post prayers (formal or not) and explain why I like the prayer and how it is relevant to me.

Enough rambling from me! Let me know how you approach prayer and if you have a favorite prayer.

2 comments:

Ebeth said...

Hi Diana,

We live in NC now, but I married my Protestant Texan and lived in Houston for several years. Kate and I worked on her "Mixed Marriage" project.

Stumbled upon your blog today noticing the Texas in your name!

Howdie!

Hugs
Ebeth

Diana said...

Hi Ebeth,

Thanks for stopping by. I'm really enjoying the Mixed Marriage series.

Little did I know that having "Texan" in my blog name would get me so many visitors!

Hope any friends/relatives still in Houston are doing ok.

Blessings,
Diana