August 17, 2011

Summer is over - school has started

My baby is all grown up. Our Princess started kindergarten today. I can’t believe how big she is. It was indeed harder for us to leave her than for her to go to school.

Princess is enrolled in a lovely conservative Catholic school. We are so excited that she is in a truly Catholic academic environment that weaves Catholic beliefs throughout the curriculum and school day. We are thankful that God has led us to this school and that her Godfather has offered to pay tuition. I do not have to worry that her teacher will teach her something different than what we teach her at home. And it brings tears (of joy!) to my eyes that to Princess school means not only learning traditional academic and enrichment topics but also going to Mass, playing on a playground next to a statue of Mary, dressing up as a saint on All Saints Day, bringing baked goods on St. Lucy Day, and being able to pray whenever she wants. How great is that?

1 comment:

Holly said...

I wanted to say hi and to invite you to link up one of your posts on a networking meme. I've received a few requests to open up “Pay It Forward” to posts from a bloggers own blog and I thought I'd give it a try. Although the original idea was to share what you've seen elsewhere on the internet, I recognize that each time we post something on our own blogs we are also sharing Good News, great tips, wonderful prayers, fabulous photos, scrumptious recipes, hilarious humor, unbelievable books, stories of goodwill, or good things that have knocked our socks off. I hope you’ll post something from your blog. It’s fun to get to know the bloggers out there.

I'll leave the March linky open until March 14th. (Entered links will appear in two posts.) I can't wait to see what gets posted! Enjoy your blogging experience…

Blessings!